Sunday, February 28, 2010

Zuchetti & Sauce

In my desire to try out new things and make our diet healthier, I made a dish that I will call Zuchetti & Sauce. I used a new contraption I got on Amazon that takes a zucchini (or a myriad of other foods) and turns it into ribbons that are pasta-esque. Click for product link!





I used 2 medium zucchini for the 'pasta'.





For the sauce I used 5 organic vine-ripened tomatoes (take the skin off and seeds out), 1/4 cup fresh oregano, 1/4 cup fresh basil, 2 cloves of garlic, about 5 strips of sun-dried tomatoes (the kind that come in olive oil) and 1 teaspoon olive oil.






To take the skin off of a tomato easily just drop it into a bowl filled with boiling water. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then take it out. You'll be able to see where the skin has wrinkled up. Grab ahold and just peel the skin off! Voila!






Put peeled, seeded tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and oil into the blender and blend it all together!



Now lay the zuchetti out on a plate and cover in sauce. We added some tofu that had been marinated in pesto and roasted.



Note: The sauce by itself will taste really strong and the zuchetti by itself will taste really bland... together though? Harmony!!! :) Enjoy!



0 comments: